I believe the specialised knowledge and experience I have to offer you in these courses will prove to be extremely useful, cost effective and help fill a missing gap in your knowledge about how we physically learn that most educators are unaware of. No equipment is needed other than a mat and floor space, so it is very easy to use these movements anywhere.
I have seen amazing changes, using techniques I have learned and used, that I believe would never have come about so quickly through any other help. Developmental movements are the way the brain and senses need to take place in order to access areas of the brain to succeed in specific tasks. If areas of the brain are not linked up, we cannot expect the brain to process certain information. Rhythmic Movement Training and Brain Gym are two programmes that help create neural pathways to make the connections throughout the brain, necessary to succeed in life.
The following courses are enjoyable, unique and will give you a wide range of simple techniques to help many children struggling with learning and life. You also benefit from learning about yourself and experience the movements to help develop any reflexes you may have retained, if any are still active.
The courses will give you the opportunity to understand how the brain and senses develop in the Early Years and how Rhythmic Movements and/or the Brain Gym movements can help natural development of the reflexes and senses to help the child or adult be the best they can be.
You can choose from the 1 or 2 day introductory RMT courses or start with RMT Level 1 or the Brain Gym 101 course. If you are not sure where to start please contact me and I will suggest the best training course for your needs when I know what you are looking for.
You may like to become a Rhythmic Movement Training Consultant and/or an Instructor and start your own practice. There is a training track to follow which I will be pleased to talk to you about.
Please scroll over the ‘Courses’ banner at the top and then click on the course names to find out more about each.
These are the courses I teach and you can choose from.
- RMT – Rhythm, Movement and Play (1 day)
An introduction to what the Rhythmic Movement Training programme is about for teachers and parents. You will have an understand of Early Years development and why learning challenges can occur. Learn some fun movements to use in Nurseries, or at home, to help prepare young children developmentally in the Early Years to avoid possible future challenges.
RMT – School Readiness (2 days)
Preparing young children to be developmentally ready for School. You will have an understanding of the role of the reflexes and recognise some of the symptoms seen in many Early Years’ departments. Children with retained reflexes are very likely to struggle as they move up the education ladder. Learn and be able to test for and recognise symptoms of a few reflexes and learn simple and fun movements that will help further development before main school years. Catching physical symptoms early will save a lot of struggle and frustration later for both children and teachers.
Reflexes relating to Focus, Organisation & Comprehension. This is the first level of three that follows the first developmental stages of brain development and making the neural connections to the Frontal lobes. Weak connections to the Frontal lobes can result in impulsivity, focus and comprehension issues and ADHD / ADD. This level will give you many simple and extremely effective techniques to help bring integration and control to children and adults struggling with attention challenges.
Reflexes relating to Emotions, Memory and Behaviour. This second level will help you develop the Limbic system to help manage emotional challenges, improve memory and further develop the connections to the Frontal lobes. Play and touch develops motor development that can strengthen and integrate the Limbic system that is essential for social skills.
- RMT – Level 3 (2 days)
- Reflexes relating to Reading and Writing. This final level addresses the reflexes that are usually still active in children and adults with Dyslexia. Integrate these reflexes makes profound changes to reading, writing, speech and articulation challenges. This will help open opportunities many may never have due to dyslexic challenges that can be carried on through life.
RMT – Face the Fear (2 days)
- Reflexes relating to Overwhelm, Fear, Anxiety, living in constant ‘survival’ mode, Bonding and Attachment issues.
- In day 1, we look at the Fear Paralysis Reflex in-depth and helps you understand how some people are living in constant fear, overwhelm and are just ‘surviving’ in the world. These people can feel the world is an unsafe place or they feel unsafe in the environment outside their control, so find it extremely difficult to participate in events going on around them. You will learn another set of amazing movements and techniques to help make profound improvements to people’s lives to feel ‘safe’ and manage better in the world.
- In day 2, we look at the facial reflexes, Rooting and Suck reflexes that relate to speech, articulation and feeding issues. We look at two more spinal reflexes, the Spinal Perez and Vollmer reflex. Also further understanding of the Babkin reflex relating to Attachment and Bonding issues.
Brain Gym 101 (4 days)
This internationally recognised foundation 2 x 2 day course introduces you to this profound movement based programme that can be used in schools, business, sport and/or the performing arts. Learn the range of 26 Brain Gym movements, the five step process to bring about amazing changes and various other techniques to help children and adults overcome most learning challenges easily. An amazing course for your own development at the same time as learning to help others.